For most players, online gambling is an enjoyable and simple form of entertainment. However, as an online gaming site, we have a duty to ensure that there are adequate protections and safeguards in place to prevent underage and problem gambling. SlotsMillion is fully committed to the development of a responsible gaming environment for all of its members.
At SlotsMillion, we take responsible gaming very seriously and see it as one of our main
priorities. Our staff are trained to identify potential addictive and/or problem behavioural
patterns and respond to them accordingly. We are committed to providing the best possible
assistance for compulsive players, or those who need help managing their time on our site.
Some of the options that may be suggested by our team include:
- Giving players a ‘rest period’ from their account. This is anything from a week to
- Helping players use the ‘Manage my Budget’ tools to protect against overspending
- Providing contacts to licenced organisations that specialise in treating addiction
Protection against underage use
The law prohibits anyone under the age of 18 from opening an account or playing on
SlotsMillion. Appropriate measures are taken to protect against the use of our casino by
underage players. For example, our software prevents the registration of anyone under
the age of 18. However, if you are concerned that an underage person may be using your
computer to play our games, we would advise you to:
- Monitor any children/minors who have access to your computer when you are connected to
- Use specialised parental control applications, such as Cyberpatrol, to block underage access to
- Keep all information regarding your player account and your credit card details confidential
- Do not use the ‘save password’ option when browsing sensitive websites
- Create different profiles for anyone accessing your computer so that nobody has direct access
to your personal information
If you are aware of a player under the age of 18 who uses SlotsMillion, please contact our
customer service team immediately. Please bear in mind that nobody under the age of 18 is
eligible to claim back any winnings from SlotsMillion, and we ask for proof of identity upon
your first withdrawal.
Some simple rules to follow
Most players bet within their means. However, there may come a time when a player feels
that he or she can no longer control their gambling behaviour. To avoid this situation from
developing into an addiction, we would advise that you remember the following simple rules:
- Think of the games as entertainment only, not a way to make money
- Your potential losses are the costs involved in playing the game, and your winnings are
- Set yourself a time limit not to be exceeded before starting a game session
- Set yourself a loss limit, and stick to it. Allocate an amount you can afford to lose and set it up
on your ‘Manage your Budget’ tool in your lobby
- Remember that you should consider your possible losses. Most of the time, you will be paying
for the enjoyment of the game as the odds are in favour of the casino
- Learn about the warning signs of an addiction problem so you can avoid it
- Under no circumstances should you borrow money to gamble
- Keep your social, family and working life as rich as possible
- Never try to cover your losses
- Keep in mind that your losses are part of the game and trying to recover them at all costs will
lead to even further losses
Stay in control
Using our ‘Manage your Budget’ tool, you can set daily, weekly and monthly limits to your
spending, ensuring you only ever play with amounts you can afford to lose. Simply log in and
click on the ‘Manage your Budget’ link. Please note that whilst you can instantly decrease the
limit at any time, increasing the limit has a 24-hour approval period. This is to ensure that
you are increasing deposit limits for the right reasons, and that you can afford to do so, and
not because you have an instant need to keep playing on the same day.
You should always be in control of your own spending, but if you have any doubts or your
circumstances change, please contact our friendly support team who will be able to help you
to set your limits.
In turn, you should regularly ask yourself some basic questions to identify your motivation for
playing. Here are some of the most important:
- Does your gambling activity interfere with your work, social, or family life?
- Do you continue to play when you have suffered big losses?
- Do you sometimes bet under the influence of alcohol or drugs?
- Do you gamble to escape a routine or problems in your day-to-day life?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to more than one of the questions above, you could be on to the
path towards being a compulsive gambler. You can contact a specialised organisation such
as Gamble Aware, Gamblers Anonymous,
Gambling Therapy and GamCare to learn more and
receive assistance should you need it.
If you feel that you would like to stop playing for a period of time, you can contact our
customer service team to ask for your account to be closed temporarily. Just let us know the
length of the rest period you would like to take, whether that is seven days, one month, six
months or more – the length of rest period is entirely up to you. During this period, you will
not be able to log in to your account. When you confirm that you will be taking a rest period,
you receive a confirmation email within 24 to 48 hours clarifying your request and reminding
you of the start and end date of your rest period. You will also receive information on how to
re-open your account when the time comes.
If you would like more information on responsible gambling or would like to discuss your
addiction problems further, we invite you to contact a member of our dedicated customer